|February 15, 2012
ReadyDesk version 7.0 now available
|ReadyDesk version 7.0 has been released and is available for download today. This latest version has some great new features like chat archiving, multiple customer email addresses, enhanced security, call management with Asterisk integration and more.
Be sure and check out the new online demos and download the updated user manual.
Existing customers can download the latest version by logging in to their account from the home page of our website.
Below is a short list of some of the enhancements in this release:
- Field Editing: There are now options to allow techs to edit the ticket subject, summary and open date on tickets in the technician interface.
- Queue Name: Chat queue names have been added to the chat notification emails so techs can quickly see the type of chat.
- Multiple Email Addresses: We have added the ability to associate multiple email addresses with a single customer. This will allow for better matching on incoming emails.
- Logo Upload: The upload field for the logo displayed on the customer login page has been moved to the portal customization page so all logo uploads are in the same place.
- Chat Archiving: Live chat has been re-worked to move data to a single archive table when a session is closed, rather than leaving it in separate tables. Old chat sessions can also be archived from the chat settings page.
- Call Management: ReadyDesk now integrates with Asterisk phone systems. Incoming calls are displayed in the technician interface. With the click of a button technicians can have a call routed to their extension. Calls can also be recorded and appended to tickets.
- Multiple Phone Numbers: You can now associate multiple phone numbers with a single customer. This will increase the likelihood of a customer ID match based on phone number when a call comes into a call queue.
- Collapsible Menus: Both the chat and call menus at the bottom of the technician interface can be collapsed to a small icon on the left by double clicking them.
- Enhanced Security: All passwords within ReadyDesk are now strongly encrypted, and no longer stored in the database in clear text. Also, the password retrieval system now generates a new random character password to email to users, rather than sending their existing password in plain text.
- Expanded Fields: The expanded fields in the lower tech frame stay expanded when switching tickets if the frame height is left expanded. This includes the summary and new resolution fields.