- Not only are we constantly fixing minor little issues that you may never even notice, but we are also constantly fixing the way many of the long standing features work to make them more flexible so that everyone can take full advantage of them. Perhaps we have had a particular feature for a long time, but it didn't really work the way you needed it to. Recent updates may have made that feature more usable for you. You should always at least review the news articles and/or the release notes to see what features have been updated.
- We are constantly refining the design of all of the interfaces. We have made many updates to the core design, as well as added many features that will allow you to define the look and feel, and even the layout in some of the interfaces.
- Upgrading gets easier when you stay up to date. While all updates are cumulative, the structure of the code and the database are constantly evolving, and we are constantly evolving the upgrade process to account for scenarios we may not have previously dealt with. We are moving toward the goal of making the entire upgrade process a one click operation. Once this is available we will begin rolling out updates at a much faster pace than ever before, but that will only be available to users on the most current versions when it is available. We will cover this in more detail in an upcoming news release regarding what is planned for version 9.5.
- Some of the files in ReadyDesk are time-sensitive and will expire. For example, the code signing certificate that we include with ReadyDesk to sign downloadable files. Files such as the remote desktop executable rely on the code signing certificate to get a valid signature so that browsers will not block them. Without a valid, up to date signing certificate most users will never be able to use the downloadable files because the browser shows a lot of security warnings and makes it difficult for users to still download and run the file. All time sensitive files and certificates expire every year, and we re-issue them in the upgrades.
- SECURITY! We cannot stress this point enough. We are constantly updating security within ReadyDesk. If you are still running on any version prior to 9.3, you need to update IMMEDIATELY. There were many major security upgrades introduced in versions 9.2 and 9.3 that are essential to keeping not only your ReadyDesk database and installation safe, but your entire server.
If you have any questions or concerns about the upgrade process please open a ticket through our customer portal or email us at Tickets@readydesk.com.